The student section gets riled up for the first football game.
Nick Barajas

Students seek new energy for student section

In honor of a new football season comes a new exciting role for one Millard South student. This role is not an easy task, it requires dedication, a true patriot spirit, and a passion for sports. The student section not only represents our school but sets the tone for the game. 

“It’s really important just because they help bring the energy,” senior Nolan Feller said. “It gets us hyped up,” he said. 

The leader of the student section is up in the air for the senior class. While many names have been thrown around and many have tried to step up, two students have been able to get everyone behind them in the process: seniors Sam Stutheit and Bree Urban. Urban said she feels she is a good fit “because I’m loud as a leader.” 

After the first football game, the votes are in, and opinions are officially formed. 

“I think they could do better, but for the first game, I think it was pretty good,” senior Nolan Feller said. 

“I feel like more people just need to be willing to lead instead of just a few people,” senior Kinsley Shed said. 

After the first home game, the tensions were high and the production of chants from our section was low. But the class of 2024 has faith in the two seniors who took on this big role. 

Senior Bri True said she feels that if the leaders were open to change, the section would be more hyped. 

Senior Dalton Heller said he has full faith in the class of 2024.

“We have lots of loud personalities in our class,” Heller said. “We should definitely be able to lead the student section and have a lot more fun than previous years.”